The big video topic

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Are your pilot skillz this good, or do you just follow the rules, fly in a straight line, talk a bunch of gibberish on the radio, and look at your instruments? :)
Pilot skills? There’s a world of difference between driving a self-stabilizing drone and flying a real plane with your butt on the line. I fly both, but mostly the real stuff. I only fly drones when called upon by the local Sheriff.

robertl

That's cool and everything but, just like, way back when, the R/C airplane craze became popular, I wasn't interested. I guess it's kinda because, like hang gliding never interested me because I was already a PP. Anything less than flying an aircraft, seening what you see, feeling all the bumps and wind gust, hearing the different sounds of the engine and wind, anything less just didn't intrest me. Soring for instants, not a fan, I don't want to have to depend on air currents to stay aloft, and if I want to buzz my friends house at the river, well, I simply head that way. I'm not knocking the drone thing, i'm just saying that for me, it has no appeal. Yet! And yes, that was a great display of skill !
Bob

Doran Jaffas

I thought it was an advertisement and I was waiting for the actual video.
Zero comparison to actual aviating.

Hot Wings

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Here is my version of the metric to inch conversion. I have a sheet printed out and propped up against my computer while I work on converting a set of metric plans to AN hardware. Use it with a metric rule and you will be close enough for anything we can build with hand tools.

No eye piece needed!:D

Unfortunately I can't find the original Excel sheet that I built to pull this sorted list from right now.:oops:

And I'm too overfed and lazy from yesterdays turkey feed to spend the 3 minutes it would take to regenerate it.:p

Attachments

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Here is my version of the metric to inch conversion. I have a sheet printed out and propped up against my computer while I work on converting a set of metric plans to AN hardware. Use it with a metric rule and you will be close enough for anything we can build with hand tools.
My solution is a tape measure I have that created a lot of errors when I tried to build some shelves with it. I would measure and then do the math (subtraction) to figure out what I should have left. Everything came out crooked and uneven until I figured out that the tape measure had ten inches to the foot and ten divisions to the inch.

I have no idea where I got that tape measure, but is sure caused some building issues. Measure twice and cut once was definitely not working that day.

BBerson

HBA Supporter
The tape is ten divisions of a foot, or a tenth of a foot (not inches). Used by land surveyors, called a "chain". Usually a 100 feet or 200 feet long steel tape.
So a distance might be say 56.45 feet or whatever, for example.

BJC

HBA Supporter
The tape is ten divisions of a foot, or a tenth of a foot (not inches). Used by land surveyors, called a "chain". Usually a 100 feet or 200 feet long steel tape.
There are those who can, and those who can not, fold a chain.

BJC

robertl

I fly weaponized drones against the local sheriff. See you on the battlefield.

Well lets see, I went flying this morning in a 172, 5 take off and landings. I think I've got it now, move the yoke forward, we go faster, move the yoke back, we slow down. Give it more throttle, we go higher, less throttle, we loose altitude. Ok, I think I got this, I'm ready for sign off !

Group Builder