Quantcast

The big video topic

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

litespeed

The snow cruiser was a complete disaster
Designed by someone with no clue about its actual mission.

It got stuck on ice as soon as driven and had no chance of crossing a clump of ice, and never could cross a ditch, forget about a crevasse.

The Ww1 tank was brilliant at its job and the tank had only just been invented.

At least the tank mounted airplane would get to its runway. Note they never bothered trying. Why would you?

Speedboat100

The snow cruiser was a complete disaster
Designed by someone with no clue about its actual mission.

It got stuck on ice as soon as driven and had no chance of crossing a clump of ice, and never could cross a ditch, forget about a crevasse.

The Ww1 tank was brilliant at its job and the tank had only just been invented.

At least the tank mounted airplane would get to its runway. Note they never bothered trying. Why would you?

They also had to chop tail off of it to get it fit into a boat.

choppergirl

Banned
Choppergirl's Flying Circus ★★☠★★ AIR-WAR.ORG
re: Warbid from Scratch

What would merit calling a plane a warbird? Just mount a weapon on it? Or does it actually have to have been in a war? Or made for war? Or just look some other plane that was built that may or may not have been made for war? Pshaw... on that scratch built "warbird".

If I put a slingshot on my glider, is it a war bird? How about a gummi bear cannon? Drop a brick from it? Water balloon?

If I mount tubes for electronically fired Estes dumb rockets on my struts, do I get to park my $38 stealth butcher bird in the warbird section? Because I'm so gonna do it... between a $120,000 Spitfire and a $12 million A-10.

How about if it's a weapon of propaganda... there's no doubt about that.

Last edited:

VP1

Todd C.
HBA Supporter
re: Warbid from Scratch

What would merit calling a plane a warbird? Just mount a weapon on it? Or does it actually have to have been in a war? Or made for war? Or just look some other plane that was built that may or may not have been made for war? Pshaw... on that scratch built "warbird".

If I put a slingshot on my glider, is it a war bird? How about a gummi bear cannon? Drop a brick from it? Water balloon?

If I mount tubes for electronically fired Estes dumb rockets on my struts, do I get to park my $38 stealth butcher bird in the warbird section? Because I'm so gonna do it... between a $120,000 Spitfire and a $12 million A-10.

How about if it's a weapon of propaganda... there's no doubt about that.
Is your lawn art really a glider if it doesn’t glide?