Quantcast

The big video topic

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Speedboat100

or as we say in Australia - in order to get a loan you first have to prove to the bank that you don't need it!

Yes and investors are interested of you innovation ...when you are already making millions with it.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Here’s a fun video to watch. You gotta wonder how they got some of those camera angles (like at 2:12).

I know some is by camera sticks mounted In various locations, and some of it is with drogue cameras, but there are still those shots I can’t figure out.

There’s a very neat spinning scene (by a drogue cam, I think) at 1:50.

Last edited:

litespeed

Great to see another great Aussie design doing its 'lets go nuts' routine.

I am not sure they are aero rated though. The VNE is 57 knts.

Did seem a bit low to the ground on some moves though.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Shoot, so does my Fly Baby...
Ron Wanttaja
Hey Ron,
Did you ever consider some of those small gas struts that lift automotive lids and hatches? You might even be able to mount one to assist your electric lift so that it doesn’t tax the motor and inverter as much.

Wanttaja

Hey Ron,
Did you ever consider some of those small gas struts that lift automotive lids and hatches? You might even be able to mount one to assist your electric lift so that it doesn’t tax the motor and inverter as much.
Not a lot of room or leverage. Also the issue of re-collapsing the thing when one gets in.

Besides the lift-seat was just a quick adaptation...didn't take a lot of work.

One advantage of the power seat is as a height adjustment. I cycle a lot of kids through my plane's cockpit. They normally sink out of sight. But I can set the power seat to the top and the parents and grandparents get better pictures.

Ron Wanttaja