The big video topic - 2021

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

pwood66889

Ja! Herr Baron von Richthofen would have gone to an air Field, where he could land in an appropriate direction.
Lessor lights, like myself, just stick to an Ercoupe with 25 MPH cross wind component.

robertl

Since the old "big video thread" is now ten years old and has 1,681 posts, time for a new one. I'll start with this one, which was recently posted on the Biplane Forum:

Reminds me of an experience I had with a Champ, 3 attempts and I turned it over to the instructor. On his 3rd attempt, he got it down and I breathed a sigh of relief, and then, that gust hit us and around we went and knocked over a runway sign. Glad I relinquished PIC !
Bob

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
1920 Farman Moto Aviette, looks like the love child of a Fly Baby and a Minimax, raised in France. Be a cool Minimax alternative and nearly as simple:

Geraldc

I saw this on Facebook Experimental and Homebuilt page.

Only thing I would consider adding would be counter rotating props.

berridos

Why do they state 90000$. The web sells the corsair4 kit for 37.961,00 €+engine . Still pricey

wktaylor

SB100...

KC-135A lost 2-engines, LH wing, during desert storm [1990].

In combat trail formation, it encountered severe turbulence from the wing-tip vortices of a 'leading KC-135A... which overloaded/broke-away the [#2 IB] pylon/engine... which sideswiped the adjacent [#1 OB] engine as it departed the wing... causing that pylon/engine to break-away, also. The crew managed to land at a emergency/divert airfield which saved their jet and butts.
1613677157122.png