• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Thank you all for welcoming me to your forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John McGillis

Hello there,
I've been interested in aviation ever since a I was child. From the ages 7 and 15, I competed in various model aircraft categories, and even tried to build my own ultralight with a friend. Unfortunately, life priorities and responsibilities took me in another direction, and since then I've only able to admire aviation from the sidelines. As I get closer to retirement age, my dream of building my own airplane has come back. I'm very partial to pre WWII aircrafts, and I would love some day to build a part 103 compliant Heath Super Parasol or similar. By joining this forum, I hope to find like minded people to exchange ideas and learn from each other experiences. Thanks again for allowing me to join!
Best Regards,
John

Back