• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Tennessee Props?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lake_harley

Supporting Member
I hope to pick up a ultralight project plane tomorrow and from talking to the seller it sounds like the prop that's on it is a Tennessee Prop. From what he has said about running the engine he doesn't think the static RPM is as high as it should or might need to be. He wondered about a possible problem with the engine, but from the stamped numbers I was told I'm wondering if the prop pitch is too great for the engine.

I was online looking for TN Prop to talk with them about possibly re-working the prop with a lower pitch if that's suspected of being the problem. Searching for TN Props brought up nothing that looks like TN Props. What from memory of looking up their website before there's a website that "looks" right but it's not at all related to airplane props. So....is TN props still around or have they ceased operation?

Lynn

Back