Teman Monofly plans info.....

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

vers

Check your email........

Kevin
Hi Kevin, I am interested in free plans for the Teman Monofly, I am not very computer savvy so I would really appreciate if you could send me a copy of the plans. I just was able to join up to this forum yesterday, it looks like a great forum.....thanks

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Hi Kevin, I am interested in free plans for the Teman Monofly, I am not very computer savvy so I would really appreciate if you could send me a copy of the plans. I just was able to join up to this forum yesterday, it looks like a great forum.....thanks
Send how ?
PDF file or printed copy ?

Kevin

vers

There is no active link to the plans currently that I know of.....
PM your email and I will make sure you have access to the info you seek...

Kevin
Hi, and thanks for the offer. I will need to be able to print off these plans on paper and be able to expand the drawings (paste printed paper pages together) to produce actual size drawings, if possible. So I am thinking printed copy?

Aerowerx

Hi, and thanks for the offer. I will need to be able to print off these plans on paper and be able to expand the drawings (paste printed paper pages together) to produce actual size drawings, if possible. So I am thinking printed copy?
A PDF file would be better. With a printed copy you would have to scan it in which would distort the dimensions.

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
If everyone will send me a PM with your contact info.....I will get get the file sent out within the next day or two....

Kevin

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Plans have been sent to everyone.....check your emails.

If I missed anyone....send me a PM.

William Miller :
I sent you a PM.....respond with your email address and I will get the files sent to you as well.

Kevin

Gregory Perkins

Long ago I spent a great deal of time studying the Teman MonoFly plans and not only do I think it would be a terrible choice of plane to build but there isnt any portion of the design that you would want to emulate or even learn from that could be helpful in some other project.
If someone want to hand you a set of plans, run the other direction as the best outcome will be
a total waste of your time. The design is simply heavy, crude and simplistic. Do yourself a favor and pass it up and pursue the many dozens of alternatives that are far better in many ways..

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Long ago I spent a great deal of time studying the Teman MonoFly plans and not only do I think it would be a terrible choice of plane to build but there isnt any portion of the design that you would want to emulate or even learn from that could be helpful in some other project.
If someone want to hand you a set of plans, run the other direction as the best outcome will be
a total waste of your time. The design is simply heavy, crude and simplistic. Do yourself a favor and pass it up and pursue the many dozens of alternatives that are far better in many ways..

I have nothing to do with the aircraft other than having flown one for many hours and having the plans in PDF files.
I get asked from time to time to share the plans......
I have my own opinion of the design and a few aspects pertaining to it but I'm curious what your answers will be to the following questions......

Have you ever seen one in person ?
Have you flown one ?
What areas of the design do you find inadequate ?
What other designs do you find to be a better option ?

Kevin

Gregory Perkins

Yes I have seen one... a couple actually and they were all highly modified and enhanced.
You could barely see any of the original Monofly in the plane. ( mainly cockpit enclosures )
No I have not flown one. I never mentioned the plane being inadequate, I said
"heavy, crude and simplistic " and a lot of times I like those things.... ie Beaujon, Weedhopper.
The main thing I think is folks see a "flying lawnchair (tube)" plane like that and think "Ultralight"
but the plane is too heavy to be legal ultralight..... and I think if you know you are going to be building "experimental" you probably want to explore more sophisticated designs.
For someone wanting to pursue lawnchair tubes UL craft, I would suggest Poorboy, Flitplane, Easy Riser with Loehle tail group and landing gear added, Gypsy, Sandlin Bloop, Kolb, Whittaker MW4 and MW5, Weedhopper, Graham Lee Replica, VJ-24 , SkyBird, Demosille, Dormoy Bathtub, a few of the Beaujon models, DeltaBird , SkyBaby and an Australian Design by "Kimberley" ? ? ? ...... Sky-Rider. Thats all I can come up with.... admittedly far less than dozens.

Actually I admit I was a little harsh in my characterization of the Monofly.
As I read through the thread it just appeared that some guys were unjustifiably desperate
in trying to get copies of the plans and I did not think the plans were worth the extra effort........ not that the plane was a guaranteed killer or anything like that. Also the SR-1 Hornet and although those drawings were very detailed they omited important dimensions .......