Thanks PTA, actually that's how it started out but I didn't want twin tailwheels so I had to have one wheel in the centre, then the stab spar would have taken all the tailwheel loads. I didn't like that so I considered a pair of compression struts from the top of each fin to the centre of the stab spar. That didn't properly resolve anything though because it relied on the rigidity of the fins when the stab spar tried to bend upwards. So I went for a much larger central fin in the centre with tension struts to the ends of the tailbooms (which don't show in the images).Not just aesthetically speaking, but it might be structurally advantageous to go for twin fins/rudders attached to the tail booms rather than the middle of the tailplane.
View attachment 12467View attachment 12466
Turbo Prop C-FRGU
I just completed my 12th "One of a Kind"Experimental!
( I've successfully been using "Pazmanys Cookbook"for all of them)
I spent 3 months in the spring of 2007 to design her and building was started 2008, as we are spending the winters in Texas I can only build for 6 months per year. Also, she would have been completed earlier but I ran out of Mad Money.
Here's some data:
A/C Gross weight 4400 lbs
A/C empty weight 2100 bs
Length 36 ft
Wing span 42 ft
Powered by a Walter M601D
Propeller Avia V508D, 3- blade, 98"dia.
Aircraft is now on Wipline 4500's
Testflying is to commence in the end of this month, if all the ice is off our lake.
All my previous designs have been testflown on floats. We have a lakefront property
at Setting Lake MB. The lake is 40 miles long and 2 miles wide, so it's perfect for testing floatplanes.