• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Taylor Monoplane landing gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StRaNgEdAyS

I just recieved from SpitfireBuilder91 the drawings for the Taylor Monoplane landing gear. Once again thank you very much for sending them to me.:)
I have to say I'm impressed with the simplicity and the overall adaptability of the design.
One thing I have noticed is that the mounting for the gear also acts as the wing attach fittings to join the outer spars to the center spar sections. Very elegant and pretty staightforward.
It makes me wonder why Ken Rand did not use a similar method for the KR2 when he did that as a retractable aircraft. After all he did borrow heavily from the Taylor Monoplane when he designed the KR series. The retracts on the KR2 were a shocking system.

Back