• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Tandem rotor gyroplane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe nelson

Over the last 6 months or so I've have been testing a scratch built model of a two rotor gyroplane. It has a struggle, at times, to guess what the problems are with this type of aircraft since there's not alot information out there. Last week, the model flipped over while testing in front of a large shop fan. It was broken but not too severly. I think the problem is one of center of pressure moves beyond the center of gravity. This allows the model to lift off at the front but remains ground bound in the rear. My theory is that the gimbaled heads allow the CP to have a large range of movement...to well in front of the CG. My solution is to change the rotors to swash plate control to keep the CP rather stationary.

I thought that I might share my project here on the forum with everyone and to see if there's any suggestions, ideas or chuckles.

Last edited:
Back