Tandem LSA

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Gregaitis

I know I may be all Passion and no Experience, but i think converting a Double Eagle design to a tandem seating configuration is a good idea. Is there anyone out there with design experience who could help me with this conversion?

Kristoffon

Just to be clear, the double eagle web site states it carries two people already. So do you want a four person variant, or a two person tandem type?

TFF

Why not build a Team Airbike? The side by side of the DE does have the advantage of less change in CG range with different payloads.

Gregaitis

I think you are right. I was not familiar with the Team Airbike, but after looking at it , I like it. The idea of having your feet outside the cockpit had not occured to me but it does compact the seating arrangement very nicely. Thanks for the tip.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Why not build a Team Airbike? The side by side of the DE does have the advantage of less change in CG range with different payloads.
And a single set of instruments cuts costs. Instruction is a bit easier.

Gregaitis

Welding is the one thing I'm not worried about. I work at a welding shop. I have found plans available for the Team Airbike at Jordan Lake Aero (jordanlakeaero.com) for $150.00 I think I will order those on Friday.

Gregaitis

A friend of mine has given me the engine from an old corvair that he has decided not to restore. Will this be too much engine for the tandem airbike?

Gregaitis

I guess I better consult with the company selling the design. Although that really doesn't change anything either way. If I need to I will find a VW engine to put into it.

Latest posts

Group Builder