Table Coding Changed?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Wanttaja

I tried to post a table using my usual tools and it didn't work. Is table support still enabled?

Ron Wanttaja

Wanttaja

https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/help/bb-codes

Had to add this for your tables. Look at the bottom for the information.
Thanks, but those are the codes I've been using for quite a while. It appears the HBA Xenforo setup no longer recognizes the "Table" label.

Here's a screenshot of the page you posted, as it shows up on my computer. Notice the example output for "Container" shows normally, but the sample output for "Table" does not (nor does "Gallery," for that matter). The Header, Cell, Alignment, etc. tags work properly, but the "Table" flag doesn't put the system into the table mode.
upload_2019-12-16_8-36-10.png
I have a VisualBasic program that convert Excel spreadsheets to Xenforo table codes; been using it for a couple of years. Recently noticed the code no longer worked on HBA.

Ron Wanttaja

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Is it possible we'll get the "Insert Table" feature incorporated here? It was apparently included in XF 2.1 by the Xenforo development team, so it isn't a third party product, etc that would bring its own support woes in the future. The user clicks the icon on the menu bar, mouses over to select the number of desired rows/columns, and starts entering data. WYSIWG, add row/columns as needed, etc. It looks similar to what we used to have in vBulletin.

More here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/font-awesome-5-editor-button-management-markdown-support-and-more.154701/post-128738
The post contains a brief animation of how the function works. The animation is visible on my laptop, but not in the mobile version on my phone.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
This is version 1.5. But I've sent off to see if something can be implemented or if the site will go v2 at any time.

Wanttaja

This is version 1.5. But I've sent off to see if something can be implemented or if the site will go v2 at any time.
Did the site upgrade to Version 1.5 recently? Because the table functions were working previously.....

Ron Wanttaja

Wanttaja

https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/threads/move-to-xenforo.31318/page-6#post-466866

That is where the tables were added. You can read the posts before and after if you choose to do so.
Yes, that was the previous discussion that led to the correction of my code. If you look at my posts after the one you linked to, the tables are not displaying correctly now...but they did then.

But I think I discovered the issue. The "Table" start code includes an option that is apparently no longer an option! If I specify an option, the table works. Options are "collapse" and "full". Full is supposed to be the default, but apparently an option now has to be specified rather than just leaving it blank.

Traditional Certified
Aftermarket Traditional
Foreign Engine
Auto Conversion
Non-Cert 4 Stroke
Two-Stroke
Turbine
AMA/EXPR
Bombardier
None or Blank
Not found
[TD1]14058[/TD1][TD1]52.9%[/TD1] [TD1]1146[/TD1][TD1]4.3%[/TD1] [TD1]68[/TD1][TD1]0.3%[/TD1] [TD1]1426[/TD1][TD1]5.4%[/TD1] [TD1]2284[/TD1][TD1]8.6%[/TD1] [TD1]980[/TD1][TD1]3.7%[/TD1] [TD1]108[/TD1][TD1]0.4%[/TD1] [TD1]3531[/TD1][TD1]13.3%[/TD1] [TD1]2484[/TD1][TD1]9.3%[/TD1] [TD1]471[/TD1][TD1]1.8%[/TD1] [TD1]16[/TD1][TD1]0.1%[/TD1]

Ron Wanttaja

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Is it possible we'll get the "Insert Table" feature incorporated here? It was apparently included in XF 2.1 by the Xenforo development team, so it isn't a third party product, etc that would bring its own support woes in the future. The user clicks the icon on the menu bar, mouses over to select the number of desired rows/columns, and starts entering data. WYSIWG, add row/columns as needed, etc. It looks similar to what we used to have in vBulletin.

More here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/font-awesome-5-editor-button-management-markdown-support-and-more.154701/post-128738
The post contains a brief animation of how the function works. The animation is visible on my laptop, but not in the mobile version on my phone.

Thanks!
This feature is available now

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Groovy. It seems to work well. The table formatting tools aren't fancy, but it is quick and intuitive. Thanks!

Wanttaja

Messed up my auto-table generator program again, probably just a slight change in the Xenforo standard. This affects all my previously-posted tables (such as #8 in this thread). I'll do some digging.

[Edit] Found it. Data designator for items in the row changed from [TD1] to just [TD]. Updated my tool, though previously-posted tables will be messed up.
TypeModel
Completions​
Re-Registered Airplanes​
AircamAll EAB
11​
2​
CubCraftersAll EAB
62​
1​
Carbon Cub CCK-1865
10​
1​