Quantcast

T100D Mariah ultralight

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

D_limiter

Lifetime Supporter
My plans have been shipped. I'll post about construction method once I get them.

Bill-Higdon

Anyone have any experience building and flying the Mariah? I’ve always liked the write up for the plans offer, but doesn’t seem like it’s been built in appreciable numbers. Is it like the ULF-1,very technical, requiring hand planes and jigs, balsa wood? Or is it just that aluminum tube ULs became more popular? Something else?
It;s more complected than a Quicksilver etc but not near as bad as a ULF. Even so wood aircraft do require wood working tools

D_limiter

Lifetime Supporter
I just received my plans, after the post office decided to play some hide and seek with them. The Mariah plans are really well drafted, especially coming after examining the Legal Eagle and Ragwing plans. Gene Turner really knew how to draw his plans.

No tube. Mostly wood with some foam and fiberglass. I have just started to dig into the plans, but I am liking what I am seeing.

I also have to say that Ken at Adams Aero has been great to work with.

Bill-Higdon

I just received my plans, after the post office decided to play some hide and seek with them. The Mariah plans are really well drafted, especially coming after examining the Legal Eagle and Ragwing plans. Gene Turner really knew how to draw his plans.

No tube. Mostly wood with some foam and fiberglass. I have just started to dig into the plans, but I am liking what I am seeing.

I also have to say that Ken at Adams Aero has been great to work with.
Gene Turner put out some of the best [lanes in the "Pre CAD" days in my opinion, this is based on helping a friend with a T-49 & my looking at my T-1oo plans.