• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

T-Bird 1 rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prosafetypilot

Hello gentlemen,

Want to start by saying Hello to everyone out there and thank you for your help for my many questions to come for sure. I am new to the blogging thing and will probably mess something up in the near future but will do my best.
I am a SEL pilot with many a few thousand hours rotary wing yadda yadda so when it comes to aero dynamics, theory of flight etc I am pretty johnny on the spot. BUT, I however am pretty new to the idea of my airplane weighing a little more than I do...
My grandfather has recently given me his T-bird that has been stored in his hangar for a number of year. I will be getting it back up to speed but need to identify which one it is and about what year it may be. There are a couple things that seem to stand out to me that are different than some google searches have reveled.
1. The elevator is attached to the top of the horizontal stabilizer instead of inline with it. Looks kind od like this from the side " _-" instead of stream lined "--" now you can stop laughing at my keyboard depictions ;) I will be transporting the aircraft this coming weekend back to my home and will post pictures to get this project started. It has BRAND NEW sails still in the box and a Rotax engine that will need a rebuild so looking forward to picking all your brains on that one.

Back