• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

t-88 mix ratio tolerance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skybound

I know its 1:1 by volume and .83:1 by weight. I've got graduated measuring cups and I very carefully pour out the epoxy into them and make sure I'm as close to that as I can get.

But I noticed today, my two bottles that started filled the same have ended up now mismatched by ~3-4% Some of that may be from the few times the hardener doesn't wanna stop coming out the tip and I end up wasting a bit wiping it off with paper towels, but I can only assume that for the most part my mixes have been 100:103 resin:hardener. So, how tolerant is the 1:1 ratio of mismatch? I figured 3% isn't an issue, but what would be?

Also, being a single male there is nobody to yell at me for using my crockpot full of water to warm the epoxy. I get it to 95° and let the epoxy sit in the water until its warmed and it'll flow easier. Is there a limit on how hot those should get? I figured that anything less than the max service temp of 160° would be fine, and I limited it to under 105° so the waters not too hot.

Back