• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

T-51 auto conversion options on other aircraft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voidhawk9

Hunts drag for fun
Supporting Member
I'm building a plastic aircraft and will be installing a liquid-cooled auto conversion for power when the time comes (I'm aware of all the arguments for and against).

I'm interested in some of the engine options being utilized by the T-51 guys, but I'm curious as to why the Honda and Suzuki V6s of this class do not seem to appear on other types? I know there's a 'trend' towards LS-series V8s now, but that's more power and weight than I'll need.
Does Titan modify them in some way and not offer them to anyone without a T-51?
Are there better options that don't fit on the nose of a T-51 that others prefer?
Something else?

By the way, a big thanks to all the contributors here, especially those sharing actual build and flight test experience. I'm learning a LOT lurking on this forum! :)

Back