Swaged Studs on Control Cables.

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

TFF

I will give you $50.
It’s an odd piece of equipment that only a few can use. Depends on dies and any other parts. It’s only worth what someone will give on a given day, so I’m saying $100-500 as a possible amount, but if you got all the right bits, $1000-1500 for a big package. You have to be way more specific.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
I've watched these over the years on eBay. Depends on overall condition and the number of dies that come with the unit. There is a well used one with a good selection of dies there now for $5K. $1500 to $2000* seems to be the sweet spot for a usable unit with the basic dies. I paid ~$1200 for mine, IIRC, several years ago. I don't use it much.............

*real sales, not just asking price.

TFF

For the right buyer, it’s worth spending the money. Ebay would be the best bet to try and get best price, unless you knew a shop that was in your area. Most don’t want to put the liability on the line today.

john87

Ok, thanks all!!

I will dig it out and take some photos for you all. It would be interesting to see how old it is too, you folks will have an idea once you see it!!

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
On a sort of related note, I just picked up a lever style Nicopress crimper at a junk shop for $10. :)

Reactions: BJC

Richard Roller

Yowza! How fast does this slap the dies together? And even more astounding: how much air flow does it take? [Alternatively - do you have a pointer to a tech description?]

Brian W
They had them when I worked at TWA. They required at least a 3/8" air hose to work, anything smaller and it would just work harden the fitting. Interesting to watch the guys use them, scary. When American took over they were scrapped out.

Bill-Higdon

They had them when I worked at TWA. They required at least a 3/8" air hose to work, anything smaller and it would just work harden the fitting. Interesting to watch the guys use them, scary. When American took over they were scrapped out.
EAA 292 has one of these beasts, watched it doing ends for one of the DH-2s