Suzuki K14B

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

werzel

A newer engine from Suzuki, cheap and plentiful.
Some specs:

1.4 L (1,372 cc) (73.0 x 82.0 mm)
DOHC 16-valve, 4 valves per cylinder
Variable valve timing (exhaust and intake)
Weight: 87kg
Power: 70 kW (95 PS)
Aluminum oil pan
Narrower crankshaft bearings
An aluminium alloy cylinder head for low weight and excellent heat radiation
A centre plug pentroof combustion chamber
Cross flow intake and exhaust layout
Direct drive valve train for increased rigidity
Plastic intake manifold and cylinder head cover
Torque curve:

K14B.png

How suitable would this be for an ultralight? 87kg is a little on the heavy side, but I imagine you could cut a lot of weight just by replacing the alternator, starter motor etc.

peterwalker58

Hello
I am about to get one to start on I was trying to get a G16A new as the basis but they are not available as an aftermarket item The modifications include lying over to 20degrees from flat tuned fabricated intake dry sump integrated cooling tuned exhaust multi rib redundant management and possibly removal of VVT

I am in Sydney Australia

peterwalker58

Hello I have a powerpoint presentation with models of th engine and most major components including block head timing ect I will forward it directly if you like
Peter

jeany

Hello Peter,
May ask you to please send me a copy of that powerpoint presentation of K14B Engine. I have a JetSki fitted with this engine, need to know more about it.
Cheers Mate,
Asad

stevepr

Hi Peter, I'd be keen on looking at your presentation please. I've got a couple of k14b's I want to convert for hovercraft use but have no idea if I can use the existing ECU with a pared down wiring loom.

stevepr

Hi Jeany, How is the jetski going? I'd like to convert the k14b engine for hovercraft use and would be keen on any info or contacts knowledgeable about this model. Cheers