SUPER SKYRAIDER resuming production 2021

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Welcome Allan. it was great speaking with you on the phone last week!

The people on this forum will be very supportive and helpful to you. As a single entity, this is the largest and most experienced group of homebuilt airplane enthusiasts gathering online. It is a tremendous resource, from market research to spreading the word.

It's a very good airplane, and the design is 100% relevant today as it was 20 years ago.

GeeZee

HBA Supporter
Good to hear! Sky raider has been on the short list for a while. I have to admit I’ve been squinting at photo’s imagining a Verner 5 cyl on the nose....

addicted2climbing

Log Member
Any chance you also will kit the frontier? I liked that design and was sad to see it die off when the company shut down.

enderw88

HBA Supporter
Hello, we are resuming production of the tandem model. The Super Raiders.

We have recently purchased all the tooling, jigs, and moulds for the aircraft.

Let us know if anyone is interested in one of the new kits.

Thanks

Allan
Not all of us are as up to speed. What is a super skyraider and where can I find more about it?

Cass256

HBA Supporter
Log Member
This is super exciting news! If I hadn’t just started a Ridge Runner project I’d definitely be on the list to get a new kit.

Does the Super Sky Raider have dual controls? As far as I understand, the RR model 3 and Super SS were nearly identical, however only the front seat has controls in mine.

Also, any support for spare part ordering? Namely wingtips, pins, and rudder assembly parts

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Friend of mine built a Sky Raider with the 60 HP, HKS engine. Nice airplane and performed very well, and I liked it. Same EW as my 60 HP VW engine on the SSSC with the same cruise speed and same ROC and same wing area. I have a picture of both side by side if I can find it.

djmcfall

15 years ago I rented a spot in my hangar at KJER (Idaho) for a skyraider one UL. Had a 377 rotax and it performed fine at our 4000’ MSL. Controls were light and a little squirrelly but after an hour in the pattern I was having fun flying it. Barley made the UL weight and after he added an electric starter it wasn’t a legal UL due to busting the maximum allowable weight.

proppastie

Log Member
Jackpot! Give the man a prize :)

Avid begat Kitfox... which begat Kitfox Lite and Sky Raider...

Which begat Ridge Runner and Highlander
Very confusing. ...seems to me brand identifaction would be a plus for sales if the names stayed the same.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
They were all different companies, different legal entities, different owners, and technically different aircraft... but all the aircraft have 75%+ common DNA

Last edited: