• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sup guys! new member here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fullmetalwelder

Sup guys, im a new member and I want to introduce myself, Im from the south of Italy and I live in a very small island, like ridiculously small; I'm here because since last year I wanted do build a biplane-seaplane (hope I've used the correct words lol), I guess I'm kinda young (I'm 19, almost 20), and this urge to build a seaplane comes from the fact that basically I live surrounded by water and my grandpa used to tell me a lot of stories of dudes coming from lake Como seaplanes and stopping here to pick up food and water, I've always dreamed about doing something similar, but with something built by myself. I really don't know where to start and that's why i'm here, if possible I would like to use wood and the least ammount of metal possible because it's kinda hard to get it here, I've read some of the "sticky" thread and as far as I undestrood there are for sale like some kind of instruction for beginners, what would you suggest? where do I start? anyway, thanks for letting me in guys, I appreciate it a lot, and sorry for my crappy english ahah

Back