• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sun-n-Fun 2011 U/Ls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstull

R.I.P.
Here's some photos of the U/Ls at SnF. Fortunately my ring tailed U/L stayed tied down. But it did get enough damage that I couldn't fly after the tornado. It will take an hour or two to repair.

You can read the whole story in the "Upcoming Events and Trip Reports" forum. Please let me know if you see pictures or articles about my plane in any magazines. I'm sure some of you get magazines that I don't.

I think my plane was in the free newspaper on Sunday, that is widely distributed at SnF. I got a cryptic phone message about that. I heard that it won the "Outstanding Fixed Wing Ultralight" award... which is a step up from the "U/L Innovations" award that I usually get.

I didn't see anything too new and exciting for U/Ls. Another company was trying to convert the 40 Hp Aixro rotary. I'm eager to see their reduction drive. He said it uses a cush drive in one of the pulleys.

BeLite was trying a Verner 360 on one of their planes. He didn't sound too thrilled with it. He's still seeking the ideal engine (like the rest of us).

J-Bird (Jim) showed up all tan with a big smile. He's trying to sell his (mostly Kawasaki) U/L engine business. He's willing to take a loss on his inventory, and the business comes with it for free. But he has over $500,000 worth of inventory, and wants cash.

Attachments

• SnF4.jpg
    SnF4.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 282
  • SnF6.jpg
    SnF6.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 308
  • SnF3.jpg
    SnF3.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 261
  • SnF2.jpg
    SnF2.jpg