Sun & Fun , just half?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events and Trip Reports' started by B_Edwards, Mar 13, 2011.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Mar 13, 2011 #1

B_Edwards

B_Edwards

B_Edwards

Thinking about driving down on the 31st after my son finishes a school project that is really important. Would it be worth the time at that point to drag the family that far? I really want to go and check it out. My son who's twelve years old and is really starting to like aviation I think it would be a great experience for him. I do have the wife and a ten year old daughter to entertain, but that shouldnt be to big a problem. Will I miss to much by not getting there until the 1st?

2. Mar 14, 2011 #2

wsimpso1

wsimpso1

wsimpso1

It will begin to wind down by the 1st. The number of airplanes will be diminishing but most of the vendors will be there until the end, as will forums and parties and so on.

Seriously though, I don't think I would drive a 1400 mile round trip to only be there two or three days. Instead, I would strengthen my resolve to plan for more days next year with people who want to go...

Billski

3. Mar 14, 2011 #3

JMillar

JMillar

JMillar

When I saw the title of the thread I was wondering if you intended to skip the sun, or the fun.

4. Mar 14, 2011 #4

B_Edwards

B_Edwards

B_Edwards

From the first reply it looks like I may have to skip both. Thanks for reply.

5. Mar 15, 2011 #5

wally

wally

wally

Attending Sun-N-Fun is a great time if you like airplanes. It is all about airplanes. If you don't like airplanes, it might get a bit "draggy". I went a couple of times maybe 12 years ago and had a blast. Three days each time of wall-to-wall airplanes and people who love airplanes - like me and the guys I went with.

If you aren't going to Sun-N-Fun, what about EAA Airventure in Oshkosh July 25-31? Would that be closer?

It is another huge venue. I have an invite to share a ride in a Clip wing Cub with maybe 2 other Cubs flying there. Woo Hoo, "flight of three". I may try to do it this year. Last time I was there was 1980.

Hope things work out for you!
    Wally