• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Suitable steel for all brackets etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 106987

Supporting Member
Hi everyone out there! I have a question :) is 1.4301 austenitic stainless steel usable for the hundreds of brackets and connections in a wooden aircraft construction - in this case a cub? The reason I ask is that I can find specs for the chrome-moly tubing everywhere, but not a mention of the ‘requirements’ for these parts. My job involves this material almost exclusively and since I’m running the 4kw laser-cutter at the moment and can use a 70-ton brake for the bending; I’m otherwise actually employed as a TIG-welder, so it would be very ‘convenient’ for me if this material is allowed in aircraft construction… just a thought!
Look forward to your expert opinions! Peter

Back