• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Structural analysis loads on attachment points?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantR

I am drawing up a landing gear and would like to know if any of you could figure the loads on each of the attachment points and tell me how much of the load is in shear/ tension and how the load is distributed such as 400 pounds vertical and 800 pound horizontal, stress concentration etc.

I do not know how to do an analysis of this kind.

I have the files in DWG or DFX format.

Thanks,

Grant

Back