STOL Reference Information

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

ekimneirbo

Banned

This thread will initially be for sources of information about the Storch (all versions) ,but
feel free to put add info about any STOL Airplane.

Sources of information for any STOL type of Airplane are welcome, as I hope
it can become a thread where anyone wanting to build any type of STOL
airplane can just scan down and find some sources of information. Please
start any replies with the name of the Aircraft as the first word. That should
make it easy for anyone to scan down the thread for the specific aircraft
they are interested in. You are welcome to also put websites,books,
magazines, personally owned aircraft pictures and stories related to your
build.....but please start off with the Aircraft Type.
Thanks, Mike

Last edited:

ekimneirbo

Banned
Generic Information Lots of Technical Sources Listed in this book Not just STOL applicable

Stability 001.jpg

OK, there are my initial entries. If you know of an old magazine, have some printed data, pictures of
defunct designs, anything STOL related, please help populate this thread! :)

FritzW

Log Member
Neirrh:

Still a work in progress but it's coming along.

Neirrh new gear6.jpg Neirrh new gear5.jpg DSC_0202.jpg

The wing is off an airplane I doodled awhile back called the "Valkyrie", sort of a mix between a Slepcev Storch and a Ragwing RW-19. ...an all wood, CNC'd, uber quickbuild Storch. (the Neirrh fuselage was just easier to build)

dcstrng

Preceptor Stol King...
Philosophically I like the Storch; however, the pictures of the STOL-King really talk to me – am sure I will never build one (I’m trying to find good homes for all but one of my other projects) but that doesn’t stop me from drooling… good bunch of folks over on the Yahoo STOL-King pages help keep this design active...

ekimneirbo

Banned
CUB

Carbon Cub  Kitplanes May 2010 001.jpg Carbon Cub Specs 001.jpg Super Legend Cub  Kitplanes May 2013 001.jpg Super Legend Cub Specs 001.jpg

Dakota Cub 001.jpg Dakota Cub Specs 001.jpg Carbon Cub EX2 001.jpg Carbon Cub EX2 Specs 001.jpg 018.jpg

The complete articles may be available in Kitplanes online archives if you have a subscription. Not sure if this Super Cub article is available on Budd Davidsons Air Bum Website or if

you need a back issue of Plane and Pilot

Last edited:

ekimneirbo

Banned
Helio Stallion

Helio Stallion 1 001.jpg Helio Stallion 2 001.jpg Helio Stallion Specs 001.jpg

I realize some of these are older sources of information that may be hard to locate...but you can't even look
for them if you don't know where to look. Ebay is often a good source. On the Kitplanes magazines, if you
have a subscription you can search their archives for some of the recent ones. This is from Flying Magazine April 1971

ekimneirbo

Banned
Just

Just Super Stol 001.jpg Just SS Specs 001.jpg Just 2 001.jpg Just 1 Specs 001.jpg Just 2 Specs 001.jpg

Rans S7 001.jpg

Did I mention I love my Kitplanes subscription? Remember they have online archives where you can search for info on these and other planes.

Last edited:

ekimneirbo

Banned
Zenith 750 and Savannah

Zenith 750 001.jpg Zenith 750 Specs 001.jpg Savannah 001.jpg Savannah Specs 001.jpg

You must join the Experimental Aircraft Association to get Sport Pilot Magazine and they have tons of videos, forums , and books.

Last edited: