• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

STOL CH 801

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottac

I am currently still in the research phase of building a homebuilt aircraft. The Zenith CH801 has really caught my attention. It has a lot of the attributes I am looking for in a bird.

My one question is this. Storage. I realize that most people probably hangar their planes but I don't want that to be a restriction for myself. I would love to be able to trailer my bird for ease of transportation and storage. Now I know other Zenith aircraft have a folding wing option. However the CH 801 does not.

Does anyone know how easy it would be to remove the wings for trailer storage? I am sure it can be done. And has anyone designed a folding wing option for this aircraft?

Just some curiosities of mine and might help eliminate this as an option and start looking elsewhere...

Back