Even though I read the Stitts covering manual at least 3 times, I misundertood the reducing proportions for all the finishing chemicals. I reduced at 1 to 3 or 1 to 4, instead of 3 to 1 or 4 to 1. So I used way, way more reducer than the manual said. And yet my painting came out excellent. I got a very smooth finish, and excellent coverage with the final color paint. And my covering job came out exceedingly light overall. I did have to use many coats of silver to get the wing dark inside. But everything else seemed to go just like the manual said. Over reducing some steps might be benneficial for an ultralight.