• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Stits SA-11A Playmate Restoration.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dale

First a little history how I came to find this Playmate. Some of you may know Propnut, any way he had gone down to look at it and then sent me a few pictures. Along with the pictures
came a phone number and name. A couple of weeks later I made the 6 1/2 hour drive to see for my self, well I made a large deposit to hold the plane. The following weekend she was on the trailor home.

Many Thanks to you Propnut for this tip. Here's to you:beer:

Now that I've had time to dig down to the nuts and bolts it's going to take a bit more work than I had initally planed. A LOT MORE:shock:

Please feel free to look at all the pictures posted to see what I've gotten my self into.

007.jpg001.jpg003.jpg002.jpg

a24..jpga16.1.jpga19..jpga17.jpgView attachment 14216a18.jpga19.1.jpga20..jpg

How big a mess can a mouse make :suprised: HUGE. If you look close you might be able to see a lot of well not so good methods of construction to be used on an plane.

More pictures to follow.

Back