• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

still pondering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velojym

After dreaming for years, looking around and drooling over various aircraft types as I went through various phases (fast cross country, low and slow, biplane, etc) I've settled on building something uber practical, which I can operate from short grass strips, carry a small family and baggage (Jaq, myself, Lucy the Dawg, and a brat sometime in the future), and get us from A to B in a reasonable span of time.
Planes that come to mind are the Bearhawk, some of the Murphy fleet, etc.
I've been working with modern aircraft for a living, but haven't done much fabrication due to a bit of specialization goin' on at the shop, but I thought that'd make the Murphy a relatively familiar thing. The Bearhawk, for all I can see, is an insanely useful airplane which we may never outgrow, and I tend to get attached to my vehicles so that's not a bad thing.
I'm just looking for your experience in this sort of aircraft, building, flying, maintaining... thanks.
:think:

Back