Still breathing!

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

BJC

HBA Supporter
If that smells anything like polyester resin, the cure is worse than the disease. Or even if it doesn't cure.
VE has a very different odor than polyester. I like the VE odor, hate the polyester odor. YMMV.

BJC

dragon2knight

HBA Supporter
Update: My brother is out of the woods so to speak. He's been responding to all treatments well and the doctors said he'll make a full recovery thankfully 🙏 NYC is still a scary place to be at the moment, but at least it's finally starting to plateau here, we were starting to worry it wasn't going to.....our Governor has been amazing through all of this and I'm grateful to him and his staff for trying as hard as they could to manage an almost unmanageable situation. Here's to hoping this pandemic starts to dissipate sooner rather than later, it's been a nightmare for sure 😥

BBerson

HBA Supporter
Cool!
Yeah, I had to finish my basement in January... then wrecked my knees...
Always something.
But I have 14 months before Oshkosh. :D

foolonthehill

We haven't stopped working, haven't had to wear any PPE other than what we always wear. We're building Arion Lightnings for the Arion Aircraft Company, including the redesign of their wing spar, new tooling, and substitution of fiberglass for carbon fiber. They've now got a stonger spar at a little over half the weight of their earier spars. we've been building parts for Sport Performance Aircraft's Panther, and working on re-introducing two very fast aircraft that have been out of production for a while, after making some improvements to their manufacturability and assembly processes. I think this entire mess has been overblown. Regardless, it hasn't affected us one bit.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
All I can add is that we don’t have it, . we don’t know anyone who had it, and no one we know knows anyone who had it.

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Moderator Note: Again, please confine this thread to personal "wellness checks." It is not a place for general COVID-19 information, which can be found and shared elsewhere on the internet. HBA is not a forum for general discussion of the virus, the pandemic, cures/treatments, and especially not government responses or lack thereof. Please do check on your friends, let people know that you and your family are okay, or not, because our members are friends and we want to know how you're doing.

Please contact myself or any of the other moderators if we can answer any questions you might have.

Wanttaja

All I can add is that we don’t have it, . we don’t know anyone who had it, and no one we know knows anyone who had it.
Neighbor up the street lost her mother, father is still in intensive care. My brother's mother-in-law had it and recovered. There were 16 people in the wing of her nursing home; 13 developed Covid-19, two of them died.

Washington State was the original starting point in the US, worst-hit was King county, where I live. Fatality rate's been higher here than in other states, but many of the deaths were in nursing homes. I think it provided some warning to other states to isolate the vulnerable parts of the population early. After being first in the nation for several weeks, Washington is now ~20th in the US, as far as number of cases is concerned. We started isolation early, I think that helped.

Mentioned back when this thread started that my wife and I thought we'd already had it back in February....my symptoms were mild, but she had the works. Went to urgent care twice, her lung capacity was down to ~70%.

FINALLY, three months later, she was able to get the antibody test. And it came back negative.

And some reports are now saying that test is only 50% accurate.....

Ron "Masked Man" Wanttaja