Stewart Systems

Discussion in 'Finishing Techniques' started by Little Scrapper, Aug 11, 2017.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Aug 29, 2017 #41

proppastie

proppastie

proppastie

Right it never is the paint always the operator. I got a 1990 truck original paint peeling off and the primer still is good, must have forgotten how to prep in the 50 ft it traveled down the line.

2. Aug 29, 2017 #42

Pops

Pops

Pops

Not the first rodeo for the builder and by the instruction. Also not a rare happening.

3. Aug 31, 2017 #43

Aesquire

Aesquire

Aesquire

Cars went to low volatile water based paint mid 1980's and it took years to get the process down. Factory car paint is very good now. In 1990? Millions of bad paint jobs from the factory out there. Lucky for car nuts the bad paint years overlap with the garbage pollution control years a lot and the bad styling "3 box" years..... like all the crap is concentrated in that late 70-90's era.

Painting is an art. ( never mind all those robots ;).) A single charged particle can ruin a panel. ( air dryer bead will look like a bullseye )

I did not intend to offend. "Sounds like a prep issue" is SOP like calling a spin crash "probably pilot error". The reason it's the first thing you think of is it's often so.

But not always.

proppastie and Pops like this.
  4. Sep 29, 2017 #44

57Marty

57Marty

57Marty

Just a heads up on upcoming Stewart Systems seminars and workshops. I will be doing workshops and manning the Stewart Systems booth at the upcoming Copperstate Fly-in Oct. 27-28. I'll also be teaching a three day seminar in California in early December. Next up, Sebring U.S. Sport Aviation Expo. Jan. 24-27, 2018. After that will be SUN 'n FUN Int'l Fly-In Expo - April 10 - 15, 2018. We are working very hard to give as many opportunities as possible for builders to do some hands on covering with Stewart Systems and to ask lots of questions. More info on the Stewart Systems FB page.

57Marty

Little Scrapper likes this.