• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Stewart Headwind Request For Specific Info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Does one of you guys or gals here know what the cockpit dimensions are for the Headwind, and the useful load?

A friend of mine wants to buy the yellow one we had discussed here (the one that had been listed on Craigslist, then eBay at a higher price).

My friend is an old Huey gunship driver who wants something fun and inexpensive. But he is... how can I say this... at very low risk for being diagnosed with anorexia. He's also over six feet.

I told him that our HBA group represents without question the world's foremost database of knowledge regarding homebuilts, and that there would certainly be someone within arm's reach who knew the cockpit dimensions, useful load, etc.

So what can anyone tell me about how big of a guy you can be, and whether it's easy or difficult to get in an out of, etc.

EDIT: I found the cabin width and useful load answers on Stewart's website. Still interested in any comments about bigger pilots climbingi n and out.

Last edited:
Back