• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Static port requirements and criteria questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain_John

Hey All,

I am getting ready to install my static ports and the plans call for a pulled rivet through the skin, punch out the mandrel and install a plastic tube onto the shop head of the rivet. That is a bit ghetto fab for me, so I obtained two 8/32 panhead stainless screws that have been drilled through the center and the head has been ground smooth.

Here is my question. How high should the lip be around the port? Should there even BE a lip?

Some people have told me that they have had errors. The setups have been various and some are raised, others are flush while others have leading edge spoilers on them.

What is the mystery in these little devils?

What should I do to make them as accurate as possible?

:ermm: CJ

Back