• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Starting design of a unique aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmattisonav8r

Based on some mild interest, and the amount of questions I'll likely have along the way, I have decided to start my own design a see what happens.

Just a recap:
I am an Industrial Designer with most of my experience in the aerospace industry. Industrial design is a My focus has been aesthetics interior design and pilot vehicle interface. I have little to no engineering experience so self teaching and mentoring is going to be paramount in the development of this aircraft.

This design started with a bored sketch session lasting 6 months
bikeremnder.jpg

I discovered X-Plane when the company I worked for (one of the largest GA companies) Used it as a "somewhat" serious flying sketch modeling tool. I got more serious as I started skething in X-Plane. I discovered serious attempts at making an aircraft using this software as a start. Verticopter comes to mind.

Aircraft Ideas:
Picture5.png

Picture4.png

AtlasDia.jpg

This idea here it to make a fun aircraft. The experience of flying will be the driving factor. A motorcycle configuration has been chosen to maximize the experience and freedom of flight.

Back