Starlite SL1

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

There is a fellow who ended up with the Star*Lite tooling and was making a slightly larger version of the original to put a Rotax 503 or 532 in it. That was a decade ago and I haven’t heard any progress reports in a long time. Everyone has a dream: some just take longer to realize, provided we survive long enough...

sotaro

There is a fellow who ended up with the Star*Lite tooling and was making a slightly larger version of the original to put a Rotax 503 or 532 in it. That was a decade ago and I haven’t heard any progress reports in a long time. Everyone has a dream: some just take longer to realize, provided we survive long enough...
Bourgrave?

WARPilot

Hey guys, I just discovered the Starlite SL1, looks like a pretty neat little airplane. Does anyone have any information on them by any chance? I know there was an accident due to builder error back in the 80s but I'm curious as to whats become of the rest. Also, for anyone who knows my past with the 150 and getting all my ratings, I'm now flying a PC-12!
I know who has the company now. He will have a Starlite ant AirVenture 2022

daveklingler

I know who has the company now. He will have a Starlite ant AirVenture 2022
Brian Burghgrave had the molds as of a few years ago, and of course the kit's been out of production since Mark Brown decided to concentrate on the original Pulsar.

Do you personally know someone who's planning to bring out a new kit? Is it Brian, or did he sell the molds to someone else, or did someone else make new molds?

Wanttaja

FWIW, I see ~15 Starlites (or variations of the name) on the current US registry.

In addition, another ~54 have been registered in the past and have since been de-registered.

Ron Wanttaja

WARPilot

Brian Burghgrave had the molds as of a few years ago, and of course the kit's been out of production since Mark Brown decided to concentrate on the original Pulsar.

Do you personally know someone who's planning to bring out a new kit? Is it Brian, or did he sell the molds to someone else, or did someone else make new molds?
Sold the rights and all the molds. I helped unload the truck.