• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Starflight TX-1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

challenger_II

My other project is nearing completion, and I need hangar space, so my toy has to go to a new home...

1 each 1984 Starflight TX-1000, Rotax 377. Engine was gone through in 2017, sails replaced at that time, as well.
I installed the later generation Bing 54, and it is jetted for 2000ft field elevation and 85 degrees.
Since I have had the bird, nothing but 100LL and Penzoil Two-Stroke has gone through the fuel system.
I replaced 95% of the hardware with new AN. New Racelite pulleys for the spoilerons.
Give her a shot of prime, and the engine starts first pull.
Sails are in good shape. I have kept her in the hangar, and the previous owner kept her in his garage.
I replaced the 16" bicycle rear main wheels with Azusa 5" nylons. They seem to agree with pavement better.
Good, straight, vintage ultralight.

Contact me through the Forum Messenger.
Bird is located at 56F.

$4,000 cold green folding type.

Have a look at her flying at Youtube "Starflight TX-1000 56F"

Attachments

• IMG_0642.JPG
    IMG_0642.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 32