• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Airplane Wanted Starduster Too

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a nice looking one on Barnstormers right now.

Richard MacCrone

One in Pensacola that needs an engine and flying wires. Look on FB Marketplace , I'll post the link when I find it.

Toobuilder

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Go to the Biplane forum. One pops up every month or so that seems to be the deal of the century. Almost any open cockpit biplane sold now is priced at 75% of the value of the parts alone. Sad.

BJC

HBA Supporter

TFF

Washington, Oregon might be the best place to buy one. Dave Baxter is up there. He is the guru. He has a note on just about ever Starduster made. He is a member here too so you might PM him. 1800 miles; they do fly that far you know. Maybe far for a project if it’s the wrong project, but not for the right project.

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
1800 miles; they do fly that far you know.
Yep,they sure do.......
But I'm not keen on traveling that far to look at a "beautiful" "like new" " perfect condition " " I would fly it to California today" " 10 year old pics in the ad" aircraft that turns out to be nothing like what was described.
I know,I know.....I shouldn't be so pessimistic since everyone that is selling something and wants your money is totally honest in their description of the item.
Lmao....

1800 miles is a distance for the wrong project or the wrong "FLYING" aircraft...

Kevin

TFF

Dave Baxter is the man to ask about any of them. He has built two and a Skybolt. He also just finished a single seater Starduster. Multiple other repairs on biplanes. As a teen worked for Sarduster and went back between carriers and welded fuselages for the factory. Also the publisher of the newsletter in the day. He is getting older so if you want one, you want to bend his ear sooner than later. I have talked to him a couple of times on my single seater. He has probably flown half of the ones on the left coast.

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Dave Baxter is the man to ask about any of them. He has built two and a Skybolt. He also just finished a single seater Starduster. Multiple other repairs on biplanes. As a teen worked for Sarduster and went back between carriers and welded fuselages for the factory. Also the publisher of the newsletter in the day. He is getting older so if you want one, you want to bend his ear sooner than later. I have talked to him a couple of times on my single seater. He has probably flown half of the ones on the left coast
Tried searching for Dave Baxter in the members list but didn't find anything.
Can you point me in the direction of his screen name...?

Kevin

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
I thought you were going to break out with some Cheech & Chong on me........
"Dave's not here maaaaaan"
LOL

I found him on the Biplane Forum........
Thanks for the help.....

Kevin

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Know anyone at Airventure now? As them to check the boards and flight line for you.
I've been checking the boards and having them run registered aircraft through the computer to see what I can find.
No luck so far......

As far as knowing anyone......
If you're referring to HBA Forum members.....no.
Everytime I've been by the Homebuilt Headquarters it's always just random people sitting around and I have no idea who is Forum related or just general public.
A designated spot and a sign would help with getting Forum members together tremendously........

Kevin

Last edited:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
The Professor beat me to making a "Dave's not here" reference :p

Man, we're getting old... the people who understand that The Riddler is Frank Gorshin, any car can be painted for $29.95, and we who know that Freddie Blassie has a foreign object hidden in his belt.

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Man, we're getting old... the people who understand that The Riddler is Frank Gorshin, any car can be painted for $29.95, and we who know that Freddie Blassie has a foreign object hidden in his belt.
Mr. Earl Shibe could paint that thing any color that you wanted and do a respectable job of it.

And that's "CLASSY" Freddie Blassie to us working stiffs......

Lol

Kevin

MadProfessor8138

Log Member
Okay.......I do need help contacting Dave Baxter after all.
Sorry....but I'm not spending $30 to register on a Forum so that I can send 1 particular member a message.
Can anyone put me into contact with him ?

Kevin