• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Starduster project SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not really sure where I'm going with this but I'll throw it out there to see if there's any interest... as many of you know I crashed my Starduster last week. I would like to rebuild it, but I don't have the space to work on it. And selling it would get me back in the air a lot sooner. So anyway, I expect to sell it, either complete or possibly broken up.

The damage appears to be limited to the upper right wing, fuselage from the fin back (and of course the fin/rudder itself) and the left landing gear, though everything will have to be stripped to be sure. One cabane strut is bent, but the forward fuselage looks fine, including the landing gear attach points. The wing attach bolts came out easily, a good indication nothing is twisted there. All of the streamline wires are intact. Engine is an O-290G with flange reinforcement, electric starter & alternator, about 400 SMOH, undamaged I believe as I stopped the engine before I touched down and the prop (71×60 metal) is undamaged. Normal steam panel, com radio, mode C transponder with encoder. Cleveland wheels and brakes.

I have no idea at this point what it's all worth but I'll entertain offers or suggestions. Rather not break it up but it could well be worth more that way?

Dana

Back