Staples for wing rib fabric attachment?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

57Marty

The high end biplane builders are subbing the Stewart’s glue when doing Polyfiber for homebuilts. They can’t on certified of course. Like before , American Champion has been using it for a long time on their certified planes as the not rebranded 3M. Stewart’s being it’s own system requires their glue even if it’s rebranded 3M. They can’t legally say go get some 3M because it’s the same. Certified verses homebuilt dilemma.
Just to set the record straight, our glue is not rebranded 3M glue. 3M glue is a contact cement with a limited cure time (4 hours) and is not designed for aircraft fabric covering. 3M only states that the glue is non flammable in it's wet state; our glue system has passed all FAA flammability testing. I'm not sure where you got your information regarding EkoBond but we would ask that you stop referring to it as rebranded 3M glue; it is made in house in Ohio and is part of a fully certified covering system. Thank you.
Marty57
Instructor/Trainer Stewarts System

57Marty

What is 3M's number for that stuff?
I've posted this a couple places here; just want to set the record straight. EkoBond is not rebranded 3M glue. 3M glue is a contact cement with a limited 4 hour cure time and is only non flammable in it's wet state (according to their specifications). Our glue is designed for fabric covering, is made in house in Ohio, and has passed all flammability requirements as required by the FAA.
Thank you,
Marty57
Instructor/Trainer Stewarts Systems

Fiberglassworker

Having had to replace the greenhouse window on a Citabria because the installer did not iron the securing tapes, I can assure you the heating is important. And oh yes, the original left the aircraft during an acrobatic maneuver.

Dan Thomas

Having had to replace the greenhouse window on a Citabria because the installer did not iron the securing tapes, I can assure you the heating is important. And oh yes, the original left the aircraft during an acrobatic maneuver.
It's been ten years, but I think there was some hardware as part of the skylight retention system. Either the plastic was drilled and wood screws used to fasten it to the wooden frame, or L-shaped tabs screwed into the sides of the frames that held the glass down. Can't rely on the tapes to hold it. It generates lift.

I don't have a Citabria parts catalog here and can't find an online version.