• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

St.L area new guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagspe208

I live in Red Bud, IL.. about 45 miles from St. Louis.
I am a hot rod sort of guy. Race a drag boat with a blown alcohol engine. Runs 8.0 seconds at 150mph ish 1/4 mile. Runs 6.0 sec@ 1000' around 160 mph.
RC airplanes... mostly ultimate biplanes, but some delta wings/ flying wings. Harley, etc...
I have worked on an RV4 and a 7/8 , and a single place heli a few lifetimes ago. I worked at the Chino airport, Chino, CA. AWESOME planes at that place.
So, looking for something not boring. So, not a high wing blah blah. RV4, or side by side, biplane, etc is cool.
I'd like to stay under 50k. Not opposed to buying something used, or a project that someone lost interest.
I am looking for suggestions, sites, local builders, etc.
Thanks
Wags

Back