• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

SR-1 Hornet Ultralight Biplane redesign...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been redesigning this ultralight with a gentleman from Minnesota, Roger Oldre. We were due to fly this past August. however, due to a series of unfortunate events, Roger and his wife purchased a new home so no shop, and a couple others, we had to postpone our work.

We WILL be flying this spring sometime. This has been a dream of Roger's for some time now. he has been a pleasure as a "co-worker" and has become a good friend. I am only doing the design end of things. Roger is the head of the project and has helped me in designing my first ultralight in more ways than he knows.

My background is in Machine/Tool Design. I have designed a few R/C planes and helicopters. I designed my first when I was 12. Yes it flew, to my amazement. My love for all things that fly knows no boundaries. I have considered over the years of going into paleontology to study the evolution of flight. And I still am considering it. I am a theorist and number cruncher with a penchant for solid modelers and figuring out how to make it work.

Please feel free to offer any suggestions. The Hornet has been around for some time now. She is a lady in handling.

Jonny P. Johnston
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Know Your Power
Trust Your Friends
Crush Your Enemies

Attachments

• Fuselage_Section_5.jpg
    Fuselage_Section_5.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 349
  • BI-Wing_Assembly_1.jpg
    BI-Wing_Assembly_1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 421