• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sportsman STOL Kit Features for Homebuilt Wings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbdunn

The dominant cause for fatalities in kit planes I've reviewed, is low & slow while: making turns, abrupt control movements, high engine power, wind gusting or wind drop-out near stall speed.

http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/accidentreports/pages/aviation.aspx

For conventional gear / tail draggers, the center of gravity is behind the landing wheels, contributing to a tendency to want to ground loop.

The Sportsman STOL Kit will not allow a stall, just about in any attitude and power setting. Also in some PiReps there are reports of a more stable landing after touchdown due to the Sportsman STOL Kit and increased control surface authority.

Created a related Group:
https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/group.php?groupid=39

I did not originally build my Kitfox.

By what procedures am I required to follow, to make untested changes to my aircraft?

and

Does anyone have experience with a Sportsman STOL Kit in a certified aircraft, or better, in a HBA?

Last edited:
Back