• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Spade lugs, Molex, TE Circular and MIL connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

Hi,

N19WT came with spade-lugs which I hate. The problem is I need to finish up the wing wiring:
wing_050.jpg

It came with the wing wiring loosely in heat shrink that had never been shrunk and spade lugs. No color code and some random masking tape labels.

What I'm planning is locking, polarized connector for the wires with a socket for the fuselage side. But when I check various aviation standards, certainly for transport aviation, they pretty much talk about MIL standard connectors.

The MIL style connectors are very expensive and bulky. The Molex Saber connectors are affordable and come in kits. They may be the approach I use from the circuit breaker field to instrument panel. The TE style circular connectors are also reasonable, keyed, and positive locking. However, they are bulkier than the Molex.

So I was wondering:
  • Anyone use Molex connectors in their plane (aka., Saber kit?)
  • Anyone use the TE style connectors (circular plastic from Allied?
Thanks,
Bob Wilson

Back