• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Space Question for Wag-Aero Sportsman 2+2 builders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
The longer I hang around here the better this plane sounds.
But well I’m a big guy. And the guys I fly with a big guys too.
i’ve seen a couple of suggestions for getting some room easily.
Now I know easy is a relative term but one gray says it with a few pieces of tube grafted into the middle it’s simple to widen it a few inches.
But from my study here on the forum that kind of seems unlikely.
The other suggestion that I’ve seen has been bubble doors, Some called them fish spotter doors.
that seems more likely to be feasible to me.
But one thing you guys have convinced me of is any change is a big change.
Keeping in mind that I’m going to either buy finished playing or a mostly finished kit.
For you that Have actually done it what would be the most realistic way to gain a little extra space?
One of these or something else ?

Back