• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Space...never enough of it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuinnessGuy74

I am very limited in building space. I have a two car garage, but unfortunately I had long ago turned one half into another room. I am planning on building a composite. I was thinking about making my remaining garage area my "clean" room. But for the dirty work, I was thinking about using a portable storage/shed in the backyard. You know, one of those 20x20 steel canvas/vinyl structures. Of course I would build a crude plywood deck for flooring.

I realize that this presents certain problems. Heat/cold, humidity control, etc. I am pretty sure I can handle the cold temp aspect. The humidity might pose more of a problem in the summer, but that is more manageable than the heat. The resins I will be working with should be at 70-80 F otherwise setting could happen quickly. I could find maybe a portable air-conditioner with duct exhaust. But as I really have no other choices, I would like to hear what you think about it.

Good idea? Or idiotic, go sit in the corner with a dunce-cap on idea?

Thanks,
Jim

Back