Source for AN Fork Bolts?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

TFF

Pricy suckers. All the hinges like that I have seen were Eye Bolts on eye bolts. You can call aircraft supply. Their website stinks.

TFF

Single shear isn’t the best but it’s the only way I have seen hinges like that. ULs and Aircams are the ones I have seen. The only other use I have seen was door hinges.

MadProfessor8138

Eye bolts and fork bolts are used together for hinge assemblies,particularly ultralights,but are actually two different items.......some of the responses are confusing the two.

Eye bolts are available everywhere...fork bolts are non-existant.
I've been trying to find fork bolts for the past 6 months and have literally made over 100 phone calls to suppliers,dealers and even manufacturers across the U.S. and overseas......it's not going to happen.
I found one company that actually had fork bolts in stock and advertised them for sale but was told they will not sell them because they use them in the kits that they sell and cannot get replacements once they're gone.

I've set up all my control surfaces for eyebolt & fork bolt hinges and now I can't find the fork bolts that were once a dime a dozen !

Kevin

cvairwerks

Todd: A possibility to look at...

Might take a little design changing, but maybe using AN665's.