Source for 2024 tubing?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

mikoman

HBA Supporter
I am calling my local metal guy tomorrow on some other things and was going to ask him.
I have used Metal supermarkets in Knoxville TN 500 milwaukee way #865-630-255. of course they are less than an hr drive for me. I got some aluminum tubing for firework racks. They pre-cut to 5ft lengths for me at no charge. Not sure if they have stores in Nashville area.

dwalker

HBA Supporter
I have used Metal supermarkets in Knoxville TN 500 milwaukee way #865-630-255. of course they are less than an hr drive for me. I got some aluminum tubing for firework racks. They pre-cut to 5ft lengths for me at no charge. Not sure if they have stores in Nashville area.
Yes they have a store here, but no 2024, just the more common 6061

dwalker

HBA Supporter
This came across my e-mail today vie the Groups Io Q group. A redesign of the offending center pivot - now with 200 hours. Re-posting here to cross pollinate with the D'Fly builders.
I saw that earlier in the Q group walk through videos. Thing is the Quickie didn't have a mid span home like the Dragonfly does, and adding one seems the thing to do, because it's a long span to only be supported on the ends.

The way the DFLY does it per plans does not seem to cause issues but this might be easier than the per plans method.