Sonja Englert Engineering

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Tom Nalevanko

Sonja, what is meaning of your nickname, Map? I know that u don’t miss those approaches often; LOL.

Frohliches Neus Jahr,

Tom

Yellowhammer

HBA Supporter
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)
Back in the mid 70s, my brother & I had a composite biz. We got pretty good at mold making. That being said, I recently discovered 6 videos, made by the Arnold company, designer/creator of the record breaking AR5, that I would consider the 'Holy Grail' of perfection. His tutorial style videos are the most complete I've ever seen & would highly recommend for anyone doing composite construction, or anyone who knows how to do do it & wants to pick up some new tricks. I'm sure Sonja's work is on his level and her engineering is excellent. I'll add on link & bet if you watch one, you'll want to watch all of them. These videos apply to all forms of composite construction

I must say that the Arnold Series of Videos is and should be the Holy Grail of composite construction.
One of the best things Mr. Arnold ever did was to make sure that after he passed away, that all of his work would be open source for all aspiring builders.

His videos and instructions are clear and he does a phenomenal job of explaining the how and why which include the trial and error of his processes.

For example, I particularly enjoyed the system he used to strengthen the fuselage (mono style) with foam covered in glass bulkheads. These bulkheads were not that think and provided much more strength throughout and very light weight.