• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonex Onex – addaon – Bay Area, CA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

addaon

Supporting Member
Greetings! Some of you may remember me from days of yore on this forum. Real life has been taking an uncomfortable amount of time, as it is wont to do.

But on Tuesday, I will be taking possession of a brand new Sonex Onex kit. Doing it the lazy way, with the machined angle kit and pre-assembled main wing spars. Engine is undecided, but likely to be an Aerovee, because support is nice.

The kit will be going into a messy, rented two-car garage in East Palo Alto. Since I haven't even thought about what I'll need for the shop yet, I'm not putting any schedule on completion -- or even, really, on starting.

I encourage local forum members or those visiting the neighborhood to stop by and say hello. Many hands make light work, and chatting about a shared interest is always great.

PM me for more info; if you kick off another thread, PM me to let me know, since I'm not nearly as good as I should be on monitoring the forum.

Back