Quantcast

For Sale Sonex Acro Sport on Barnstormers

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

dcstrng

From the title I was wondering if this was a Monnet biplane or something equally as obscure... it is the longer aileron sport-acro -- less flap... in any case looks intriguing if one happens to have a Jab gathering dust in the shop...

Daleandee

From the title I was wondering if this was a Monnet biplane or something equally as obscure... it is the longer aileron sport-acro -- less flap... in any case looks intriguing if one happens to have a Jab gathering dust in the shop...
Nahhh ... put a Corvair on it! :ban:

I just picked up a fine core engine:

Corvair 110 (1).jpg

But I already have a Corvair on a Sonex - and I like it very much. Wanting to build "low and slow" i.e. a Pietenpol. But there's been a bit of a headwind on that front.

Dale Williams
N319WF @ 6J2
Myunn - "daughter of Cleanex"
120 HP - 3.0 Corvair
Tail Wheel - Center Stick
Signature Finish 2200 Paint Job
115.6 hours / Status - Flying
(Myunn is in the "Completions" section of Kitplanes for November 2015)
KITPLANES Newsline

dcstrng

I'm with ya on the Corvair but thought the ad said it included a Jab mount or something...

058.jpg

Daleandee

I'm with ya on the Corvair but thought the ad said it included a Jab mount or something...

View attachment 47330
Yes sir, you are correct. When I got my kit from a previous owner it had an Aerovee mount. Sold that along with the cowling and mounted the 3.0 Corvair on it. FWF items available from Dan Weseman at S.P.A.

If interested the build log is here:

ExperCraft Simple Log: Sonex # 1319

Dale
N319WF